Step 1: Go to All campaigns under the Campaigns section
Step 2: Click on “Create New” to create a new campaign
Step 3: Under the “Create new campaign” Section, fill out the following details
- Campaign name: This is used internally so you can differentiate between campaigns. This won’t be shown to subscribers.
- Type: Autoresponder
- List: Choose the list for which you are making this campaign. To know how to create a list click here.
Step 4: Under the “Campaign Setup” Section, fill out the following details
- From name: This is the name of the “From” header used in campaigns, use a name that your subscribers will easily recognize, like your website name or company name.
- From email: This is the email of the “From” header used in campaigns, use a name that your subscribers will easily recognize, containing your website name or company name.
- Reply to: If a subscriber replies to your campaign, this is the email address where the reply will go.
- To name: This is the “To” header shown in the campaign. There are a few available tags for customization.
- Subject: Campaign subject. There are a few available tags for customization.
Under the “Campaign Options” Section, fill out the following details
- Open Tracking: You can choose whether to enable opens tracking
- URL Tracking: You can choose whether to enable url tracking
- Plain Text Email: You can choose whether to generate the plain text version of the campaign email based on your HTML email version
- Max Subscribers: You can choose whether to send only to this number of subscribers instead of sending it to the whole list
- Randomize Subscribers: You can choose if you limit the number of subscribers to which this campaign goes to, enabling this option will pick them randomly from the list
- Email stats: You can choose where to send the campaign stats when it finishes sending, separate multiple email addresses by a comma. Leave empty to not send the stats
- Preheader: A preheader is the short summary text that follows the subject line when an email is viewed in the inbox. Many mobiles, desktop, and web email clients provide them to tip you off on what the email contains before you open it
To get more customization options Click on “Show more options”
Previous opened/unopened campaigns: If you wish to send this campaign only to subscribers that have opened or have not opened previous campaigns then choose an action “Open” or “Unopen” and the Previous Campaign you want it to compare with
Change Subscriber custom field value upon campaign open or Change subscriber custom field value upon campaign sent: You can change the custom field value of the subscriber based on the actions performed by subscribers on the campaign.
Actions against subscribers upon campaign open or Actions against subscribers upon campaign sent: You can choose to send or move the subscriber to a particular list based on the actions they take on the campaign.
Click on “Save and Next” to move forward.
Step 5: With the help of Template Builder create a fully customizable email and click save and next.
Step 6: Setup the autoresponder as follows
- Autoresponder event:
- Autoresponder Time Interval: Based on the time unit, how much to wait until this autoresponder gets sent. 0 means it will be sent immediately after the event.
- Autoresponder time unit: The time unit for this autoresponder
- Send only at/after this time: Send the autoresonder no earlier than this time in the day. Time is UTC 00:00, take into consideration your timezone offset. The current UTC time is: 11:37:10
- Incl. imported subscribers: Whether to include imported subscribers into this autoresponder
- Incl. current subscribers: Whether to include current subscribers into this autoresponder. By default, the AR is sent only to new subscribers
- Send after sending this campaign: Which campaign must be sent in order to trigger this autoresponder
Step 7: Click on“Save and Activate” to start your campaign